Toolkit to Unblock Nose
(Please do not practice this exercise if your BOLT score is less than 10 seconds, or if you are pregnant or have high blood pressure, cardiovascular issues, diabetes, or any serious health concerns.)
To unblock the nose, perform the following:
1. Take a small, silent breath in and a small, silent breath out through your nose.
2. Pinch your nose with your fingers to hold your breath.
3. Walk as many paces as possible with your breath held. Try to build up a strong air shortage, without overdoing it, of course!
4. When you resume breathing, do so only through your nose; your breathing must be calmed immediately.
5. After resuming your breathing, your first breath will usually be bigger than normal. Make sure that you calm your breathing as soon as possible by suppressing your second and third breaths.
6. You should be able to recover your breath within 2 to 3 breaths. If you cannot, you have held your breath for too long.
7. Wait for about a minute or so and then repeat.
8. Repeat this exercise 5 or 6 times until the nose is decongested.
Patrick McKeown. The Oxygen Advantage.
January 9, 2022