I see lot of regulars at the gym who spend more time chit chatting and do random workouts. They neither have a goal nor a plan. If you are also one of them get serious about your fitness and take your confidence to the next level .
First stop “going to the gym”. Going to the gym means going there without any plan. I mean going there not knowing why am there. Randomly you start doing things seeing others – some cardio – some chest, some confused lifting and some stretching. Get the focus out of “going “part.
Grab yourself a trainer or guide at the gym. Plan what you want. Follow the plan. Pretty soon you will reap benefits that will change your entire quality of life.
Ways to go about this
- List your weakness. Which muscles need to be strengthened? Whats wrong in my food habits? Whats the goal in mind? Be specific.No one will know this better than yourself.
- Consult a trainer/motivator with your list.
- Include HIIT ( High Intensity Interval Training ) in your routine. It will help you systematically build strength, endurance and coordination.
- Eat and Eat but eat good. – The more your metabolism increases you will feel more and more hungry. Be mindful of your diet. Eat clean, healthy and good food 80% of the time. Don’t be obsessed about healthy eating. Go get your beer and slice of chocolate. Live it up the balance 20% time.
- In some weeks you will start to look good. When you look good, you will feel better. By better I mean more confident. You will carry this confidence to work. In the shorter term, exercise is known to release endorphins, those feel-good chemicals that give you that euphoric feeling of happiness. It also releases serotonin, which improves mood and alleviates depression.
- Training hard means you will be more likely to perform better in whatever life throws at you.
- A study says that by being active you extend your life by upto seven years, Imagine by high quality training how much extra benefit you are going to reap. You will be more efficient, stronger, confident. You will have more life, better life.
So set up your alarm. Wake up motivated and hit the gym.