Lot of times we come across some landscapes pictures by great masters which makes us say WOW. Take a moment to study those wonderful stunning images. You will find few things common
1) Rule of third – Place the subject you want to highlight on the intersecting lines at 2/3rd of your screen on the view finder
2) Balance the elements – If you have something on your far right try to cover something on your far left
3) View point – Most of us shoot from 5 ft plus height. Try to change the view point . Maybe get on a staircase to have a top down view or vice versa. Give your viewers an angle that they usually dont see
4) Leading line – Leading lines somewhere in the photograph to bring viewers into , through and out of the photograph. Like a road or stream.
5) Think of depth – think of having a foreground, middle ground and back ground. All three elements are there and you need all three to make it a compelling shot.
These rules will help you tell your story, lead the eye. Ofcourse rules are to be broken. Be creative. Photograph what and how you love. Enjoy shooting