Sit or lie down in a relaxed manner. Allow your full body to relax. Place one hand on your chest and one just above your naval. Take a deep breath in through your nose, and let your belly push your hand out. Your chest should not move.Breathe in with your nose and breathe out from pursed lips. Do 10 repetitions before starting the first exercise
4-7-8 Breathing –
1)Breathe in through your nose for count of 4 sec
2) Hold Breathe for 7 seconds
3) Breathe out through pursed lips in 8 seconds. Try to get all the air out of your lungs by the time you count 8.
4) Repeat 10 rounds
1) Put your left hand on your belly and your right hand on your chest.
2) Inhale first into your lower lungs and your left hand will rise as your belly inflates, and then continue inhaling into your upper chest. . As you do so, your right hand will rise and your left hand will fall a little as your belly falls.
3) As you exhale slowly through your mouth, as first your left hand and then your right hand fall. As you exhale, feel the tension leaving your body as you become more and more relaxed.
4) The movement of your belly and chest rises and falls like the motion of rolling waves. 5) Do it 5 times
Breathe Light –
1) Same position. One hand over naval and one over chest.
2) Breathe in and out of the nose.
3) As you breathe exert gently pressure with your hands on your abdomen and chest creating resistance to your breathing
4) With each breathe take in less air and completely relaxed breathe out.
5) After few breathes you will feel hunger for air.
6) Pay attention to your breathe. Slow down the breathing and calm your breathe. Don’t hold breathe. You ate deliberately taking in less air.
7) Make breathe so soft that you start to feel breathless. The whole effort is to create a hunger for air.
8) At this time take in a deep breathe and start repeating.
9) Do it for 3- 5 minutes.Practise 2 sets of 3-5 mins
All these exercises may increase dizziness or more saliva in the mouth.You may also feel anxiety. All these changes are normal. Still you should do these breathing exercises under supervision of experts if you are not comfortable.
August 15, 2020