7 Incredible things that great people don’t do.
- They Don’t let fear hold them. If you want to start a business, take the first step. If you want to change careers, take the first step. If you want to expand or offer new products or services, take the first step. Do something. Do anything. Otherwise, today is gone. Once tomorrow comes, today is lost forever.
- They don’t preach. The higher you rise and the more you accomplish, the more likely you are to think you know everything. When you speak with more finality than foundation, people may hear you but they don’t listen.
- They don’t whine. If something is wrong, don’t waste time complaining. Don’t talk about what’s wrong. Talk about how you’ll make things better, even if that conversation is only with yourself.
- They don’t live in the past. The past is just training; it doesn’t define you. Think about what went wrong and work on how to make sure it goes right in future.
- They don’t control. The only thing you really control is you. If you find yourself trying hard to control other people, you’ve decided that you, your goals, your dreams, or even just your opinions are more important than theirs. Control is short term at best, because it often requires force, or fear, or authority, or some form of pressure–none of those let you feel good about yourself.
- They don’t interrupt. Want people to like you? Listen to what they say. Focus on what they say. Ask questions to make sure you understand what they say.
- They don’t try to impress. No one likes you for your clothes, your car, your title, or your accomplishments. Those are all “things.” People may like your things, but that doesn’t mean they like you. You will form genuine relationships only when you stop trying to impress & start trying to just be yourself.
October 12, 2019