20 Week Guide to Running Marathon
There is no universally agreed consensus on the best way to train for a marathon but the program is designed to get a relative beginner over the finish line of a marathon in 20 weeks, in under 5 hours.
- All units are in Kms
- The hardest and most intense training period is between week 12 and 17
- Numbers in bracket means indicate that the run should be done at a pace higher than your anaerobic threshold pace
- Numbers in red indicate that you should run at race pace
- The final long distance ru should be done two weeks prior to the race day
- Two days before the race, jog 2-3 kms and increase speed over 1 km to stimulate the race and stimulate the legs.
- Strength train at least once a week, if possible two
- Foam roll regularly
- Warm up before every run
- Keep Hydrated. Take Electrolytes
From the book : The worlds Fittest book by Ross Edgley
February 27, 2022